The scent of Parmigiano-Reggiano can fill a room; especially when it is in the oven and toasting over a stuffed pepper. This 900 year old Italian cheese can be used as an ingredient in so many versatile recipes, or simply as the star on the plate, sprinkled over a fresh arugula salad.
We are excited to partner with Parmigiano Reggiano and bring you some simple home recipes that can easily incorporate the high qualities of the cheese. For one, we love how this cheese melts and so for this first recipe, we are making lean turkey meat stuffed inside red, green, and yellow peppers topped with a mountain of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Stuffed Peppers with Lean Turkey and Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 peppers (green, yellow, red, and orange), tops removed, seeded
- 1 pound ground lean turkey
- ½ lb. Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 table spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Badia Sazon Tropical to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grate the Parmigiano Reggiano and set aside for later.
- Wash and dry the peppers, then remove the tops and remove all seeds.
- Cook the turkey meat until brown over medium heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in the skillet and cook red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onion until tender.
- Mix in the turkey with the peppers and onion over low heat.
- Stuff all four peppers individually with the cooked turkey.
- Top the peppers with a heaping of grated cheese.
- Place peppers in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy one stuffed pepper per person!