Make sure you stop by Shake Shack this week. Starting today, Friday, September 23rd Shake Shack will have an entire Oktoberfest-inspired menu. Get ready for special-edition biers, bratwursts, burgers, and frozen custard treats at all US Shake Shacks (excluding ballparks, airports, and international locations). The German festival goodies go off the menu again on Sunday, October 2nd.
Shacktoberfest is the only time of year to snag a commemorative Shake Shack Bier Stein for $10.00 (25 oz.). Filled to the brim with your choice of Brooklyn Brewery’s brisk, malty Oktoberfest beer or Shake Shacks’ very own ShackMeister Ale®, the hefty glass stein is yours to keep and just $7.00 to refill throughout Shacktoberfest. This is a must for Bavarian-style beer lovers and meat lovers.
The 2016 Shacktoberfest menu, offered in addition to all the beloved Shake Shack standard offerings, includes:
* Brat Burger: 100% all-natural Angus beef burger topped with a flat-top griddled bacon cheddar-stuffed bratwurst, crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and ShackSauce.
* ShackMeister Brat: Flat-top griddled Usinger’s cheddar-stuffed bratwurst, crispy ShackMeister Ale-marinated shallots and cheese sauce.
* Bavarian-Style Soft Pretzel: Toasted soft pretzel topped with Bavarian spices.
* Black Forest Shake: Chocolate and cherry shake topped whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
* Apfelstrudel Shake: Apple strudel shake topped whipped cream and cinnamon-sugar shortbread
I was invited to preview the new menu with fellow bloggers and I enjoyed every single thing on the Shacktoberfest menu. If I had to pick favorites, I recommend the soft-pretzel. I dipped the fluffy pretzel in mustard and couldn’t get enough. I’m not exactly sure what is in the Bavarian spices, but I love them. Pretzel lovers definitely go get yourself some. I also recommend the apple strudel milkshake. It tastes like apple pie a la mode in a cup.
The Bavarian inspired menu only lasts about a week. Stop by Shake shack before it’s gone. Shake Shack is located at 1450 S Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables. shakeshack.com